Come take a guided tour of Georgia’s dirty coal plants and all its toxic ash ponds in Woodruff Park on Wednesday, November 17th, 2010.
This event is one part of “Quit Coal Week” in Georgia, taking place the week of November 15-19.
For more information, please contact Erin Glynn at
- Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2010
- Time: 12-2:00pm
- Place: On the lawn of Woodruff Park, downtown Atlanta. For a map, click here
From Five Points Station:
- Exit the Peachtree Street side of station. Take a left out of the station and walk one and a half blocks north. Woodruff Park will be on your right.
From Peachtree Center Station:
- If the Forsyth Street exit of the station is open, that is the best side to exit the station.
- If exiting the Forsyth Street side of the station, take the elevator or escalator up to the intersection of Forsyth & Peachtree Streets. Turn right and walk one block south on Peachtree Street. Woodruff Park will be on your left.
- If exiting the Peachtree Street side of the station, exit the station and walk South on Peachtree Street (towards the Ritz Carlton). Walk two blocks South down Peachtree, passing the Hard Rock Café, Georgia Pacific building, Equitable Building and the Woodruff fountain. Woodruff Park will be on your left.
- For a map of the area and to find driving directions, click here
- For a map of all the parking facilities in the area, click here