Join the Sierra Club RAIL Committee and other transit advocates for Transit Lobby Day at the State Capitol. Stand up for clean air, less driving, and expanding public transit.
Experienced lobbyists will share their tips at an orientation session across the street from the Capitol. Then we'll cross the street to talk to our legislators.
TRANSIT LOBBY DAY
- Date: Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Citizen Lobbyists Training
Central Presbyterian Church
(201 Washington St SW Atlanta, GA 30303 - 1 block from the Georgia State MARTA Station)
- 10:00am-12:00 noon:
Citizen Lobbying at State Capitol
- Directions to Lobbyist Training at Central Presbyterian:
- Exit the Five Points MARTA Station to Underground Atlanta.
- Walk through Underground Atlanta along Lower Alabama Street past Johnny Rockets to exit onto plaza of Georgia Depot.
- Walk across plaza to Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive.
- Walk left on Martin Luther King up toward Capitol.
- Central Presbyterian Church is at corner of MLK Drive and Washington Street.